Accepted Request for unban for "racism".

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
I was reported for racism for saying "come back here black person." and "oh, black person died". I am not really sure whats racist about this, if the appeal is declined I'd like an explanation on what is considered racist on Wonderland so I could avoid making the mistake in the future.

The report with the video is in #report-to-staff on discord, report made by gaming#9564.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Hello,

While your ban has expired, I'm willing to delete it off your record so it doesn't count against you in the future. Still, I don't understand why you said that all in the first place. Can you explain?

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
As a joke, I actually thought the person I was killing was black irl due to out previous conversations. I've said "come white person" before, and no one minded, so I thought it wouldn't be considered racism if the same was said with black person.
The person I called black turned out to not be black.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I've decided to delete the ban. However, unless you know the person you're talking to is okay with this, I would avoid saying it. I can see what you said reasonably be interpreted as targeting someone based on their race and, ergo, malicious. I understand that you weren't intending to be racist at all, and the statements themselves aren't that bad either (and definitely not immediately banworthy), but I think without context what you said still sounds weird.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.