Accepted Request unban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Lag

Feb 4, 2018
1.) Include your ban profile link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Lordo_Flag/

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I was playing in trade_plaza_2, while I was playing one pyro was trying to sell an unusual brigade helm, effect dead presidents, most players in trade plaza had low-value items and no one was interested in the offer, one of the players told him no one was interested in his offer (in a not respectful way), after that I told him to go to unusual trade, because the chance of selling anything worth over 9 keys in trade plaza is around 1% after that he asked what is unusual trade, I told im it's just a trade map, except the players, must own more than 10 keys to join, he asked for an IP so I just went to the server browser and worte in tags: unusual, trade and copy paste the IP of the first server I saw

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I didn't try to advertise the server in any way or form, I really didn't know the server I just take one random from the community server browser, I just wanted to help him to sell his unusual, the reason because I told him about the unusual servers, is because the !unusual, which makes really, really hard to find honest traders in the plaza

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
You were advertising the server though. You said our server was for "poor people" and then said that they should go to an unusual trading server instead, providing an IP and what not. Therefore, you were advertising the other server within ours as a "better alternative" to users.

Promoting other servers, providing IPs, etc. any forms of advertising other servers on ours is strictly forbidden.

Lord of Lag

Feb 4, 2018
I didn't want to offend the server or the users calling them poor, I apologize for that
but the fact that the servers grant free items and unusual increase the number of players with low items to go in the servers
I wasn't trying to promote the idea of unusual trade are a better place for trade, a trade can be done anywhere, the point I was trying to make is that
in unusual servers people usually have more keys and high-value items than in regular trade plaza, I would also like to point that when I was talking about an unusual trade I wasn't talking about any specific server, Trade_Unusual_Map Name here, it's a type of map
The IP is what I really regret, I really just took one random from the community server browser, the user who wanted to sell his unusual didn't know how to use tags in the server browser (or was lazy)
It really didn't say it was a better server or has better players, I only tried to point out the players in unusual trade (as the name suggest) are looking to sell/buy unusual, making players with high-value backpacks go

anyway, if get unbanned or banned forever I'll like to use my post to give a recommendation about wonderland trade servers

After the ban I was looking for other servers to trade, found around 10 - 20 trading items below 1 key, I asked a friend about good trade servers, he told me that most traders who are looking to trade
generally, avoid all trade servers with the commands !unusual and !wear due to the lack of transparency about players backpack, even with the !bp command,
I really don't hate or dislike player using free items, but when the command is used on trade plaza where the point is to trade, make it harder for players looking for real trades,
I'll recommend setting one clean no plugins (!wear , !unusual, !shop) trade server, (this will increase the number of true traders in the server) and 1 idle free items (which will keep players with low to no value items happy)
or why not set your own unusual trade (I was searching for one unusual trade from wonderland servers, but there's not one, if wonderland had an unusual trade I would probably promote it)

If I don't get unbanned I'll like to say, I like your servers, I was great while it lasted, I will not hold any resentment and I will still recommend the server to my friends

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I can see where you're coming from, but nonetheless you had been recommending the server on our trade server, which is advertising/promoting it and therefore disallowed, even if that wasn't your intentions.

The issue of people not accepting one's trade offers is an issue on all trade servers, as you won't be able to please everyone of course, and I've seen a lot of trading on our servers from my time here so it isn't like we are a lower-tier trade server.

As for the !unusual command, this has been discussed before and to not go into great detail, the minority of users who are turned off by people with fake unusuals and what not outweigh the majority of users who enjoy the command. It's not really a big deal IMO given that it's purely a change to how someone looks, it hasn't really affected trading between people in-game and people are free to check others items either through checking their BP or whilst in a trade. People ideally should be careful about trades they do anyway given other issues like scammers.

As for your server suggestions, you may create a thread on them in our Suggestions forum section.

Anyway, I digress, this is a ban appeal not a discussion about our trade servers. I've concluded to give you one more chance. If you are caught promoting, recommending, advertising, etc. etc. other servers on ours, then you will be re-banned with no appeal.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.