Declined Requesting a server unban for banning a hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2019
1.) Steam and forum account are linked, ID not needed.

2.) Explain what happened:
I joined on a 2Fort server, specifically the IL 2Fort server, played on red for roughly five minutes before turning on comms to hear someone spamming the same voice line. I was annoyed, of course, but then I heard people complaining about how admins weren't coming, and how he was clearly hacking. I was on the same team as this individual, but I didn't take such threats seriously, considering the apparent age of those complaining. I did, however, change to spy and cloak on the balcony, only to be headshot near-instantly by an extremely clear hacker. I then jumped into spectate mode, and noticed the individual on our team calling out the same "sit down nerd" phrase was also hacking, so I called a voteban on him in response.

At the moment, to my knowledge, admins had been called and were unresponsive, which is why i called the ban. It is currently 10:30 at night here, and my vote was called at roughly 10:00.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
According to my knowledge at the time, admins were unresponsive to the set of hackers on either team. When I was banned I was actually pretty shocked, considering how I called a vote on a hacker. In all honesty, I know now that I should've waited instead of calling the vote impulsively, and I now know not to make the same mistake again.

Thank you for your consideration.
~Val

Walnuts

ʜᴇᴀᴅ ɴᴜᴛᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ ★ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ɴᴜᴛ★
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 4, 2018
When to use and when to not use vote powers:
Always call staff and wait around 15-20 minutes before using your voting powers, and only use them when it's absolutely inevitable.
You can use your vote powers when there are no admins available on the server.
Only use your voting powers when it's absolutely necessary.

It is clearly labeled on how to use your powers. You had made no such report to the server, when a report was made by a different user a staff member was available. To add, you also have a previous ban for VIP abuse.
The punishment will remain, for three days. You were also added to the votemenu blacklist.

Appeal Declined

Attachments

• voteban abuse appeal.JPG
    voteban abuse appeal.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Previous VIP Abuse Ban.JPG
    Previous VIP Abuse Ban.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.