Accepted Requesting a server unban/unmute/ungag appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unable to find it for several hours until I discovered that I already had an account here which surprises me as I dont recall using this forum before

I was trying to join a surf server to be told I was banned and I really wasn't sure why, I explain in detail below.

So what happened,
Simply put I went to join a wonderland surf server to be told I was banned so I tried another wonderland server to get the same thing and I was really confused.
I decided to visit the url that the ban message gave me which then lead me to investigate and it took me about 3-4 hours to find my name.
How I have an account here I am unsure of, All I know is I went to register which had me login to steam (I was skeptical at first because i've been hacked before with steam login pages) and I end up discovering that I already have an account here. I only got back into TF2 about a few months ago and I've been playing in casuals but because of the infuriating bots flooding the casuals I ended up deciding to try some community servers. This is how I discovered wonderland as it was the first ones to show on the server list. I was able to identify the surf server because I usually play surf on CSGO or Roblox, but I was met with the ban message so I was quite confused. After trying a few wonderland servers I decided to check the website obviously. I looked around a bit to see if I could uncover why I was banned for whatever this account was used for but after another hour I realized that im apparently on the Blocked list for that ban. I'm not really familiar with how this sourceban thing works so I'm not sure what that means. The only 2 names I can identify as mine on the Blocked list for that ban is OPCI_2501_V (my previous username on steam) and LEGGENDARIA (my current username) but I don't recall the name of the account listed at the top of the ban and it quite bothers me that my steam account was linked to a forums account I was unaware of which has me now looking through my accounts as well as my computer to see if I was compromised again. If someone can explain to me what happened please do because i'm quite clueless on this ban. Also yes I labeled this as an unban appeal because I generally don't recall ever playing on wonderland servers (being that I was banned without even knowing of their existence) and i'd like to play on servers like these especially with how hard it is to even get a normal bot free game on casuals now. Sorry that my appeal is extremely long but I was just trying to explain the situation with how I was seeing it, and thanks for looking into this in advanced because I generally don't understand what happened nor do I really seem to have my head wrapped around what could of happened.

I honestly dont know, i dont know whos account it is or anything
Post automatically merged:

that account isn't even setup btw so how am i able to have any connections to it? (it says that the user doesn't have their steam profile setup)

Last edited:

HPRocket

Honorary Member ★
Nov 26, 2020
The United States of America

This appeal was made shortly after your ban in 2018, stating that the other account was your alt. Are you aware of this appeal ever being made?

HPRocket

Honorary Member ★
Nov 26, 2020
The United States of America
In that case, I will take your word for it that it was someone who hijacked your account.
However, because it is YOUR account, anything that happens to it is YOUR responsibility. I do not want to see another appeal from you regarding a ban for Cheating/Cheat Spam or ban evasion. Are we clear on that?

Crystal clear, thank you so much for looking into this, I also discovered my email had been compromised so this has also enabled me to secure several accounts now. There will not be another ban appeal from me anytime in the foreseeable future and I intend to keep my accounts secure. Again thank you so much for looking into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.