Declined Require thermal thruster to have ammo before use on Jb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Dumbass

Certificated Special
★ VIP ★
So I've been thinking why don't you have to grab ammo to use the Thermal Thruster like the Rocket Jumper or the Sticky Jumper, I find it really stupid that Pyros can just fly away as soon as the cell doors open or just whenever they feel like it or even use it to "cheat" in mini games by flying over the obstacles, and I know In some cases (but not all) this counts a rebelling also what's up with the rules on afk freezing because you don't touch the keyboard, so I prepose that it require ammo to use, like the jumper "weapons" even though it can actually can do damage by landing on people unlike the jumper "weapons".

Last edited:

VIBE GOD Sans

I maybe kinda don't know about that. Like maybe you can't regenerate at all but you get 2 charges at the start to use and can use ammo packs to keep using it
Post automatically merged:

Ghost☆

★ VIP ★
+1 because it only makes sense all weapons that aren't melees should require ammo to be picked up before use.

Last edited:

lolnutt

No i just like that hat shhh
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
+1 But instead of needing ammo. maybe make it like the demoman's shields so you have to rebel to get to use it.

DiscountIvy

Amphetamine'd
+1 of course, i dont want my medic dying to a back scratcher pyro with a jetpack

Xypher

Owner ★★★
two different things talked here, either making the jetpack work like the demo charge, or have it use up ammo packs

Some Dumbass

Certificated Special
★ VIP ★
having it work like demo charge seems better
that is if it works half the time, I can go on a 3 killstreak and still not have charge, I think it would be better to have it enabled by grabbing ammo, but not require it to recharge like the bison, but maybe if the rebel status enable was more consistent it would work

Some Dumbass

Certificated Special
★ VIP ★
So I've been thinking why don't you have to grab ammo to use the Thermal Thruster like the Rocket Jumper or the Sticky Jumper, I find it really stupid that Pyros can just fly away as soon as the cell doors open or just whenever they feel like it or even use it to "cheat" in mini games by flying over the obstacles, and I know In some cases (but not all) this counts a rebelling also what's up with the rules on afk freezing because you don't touch the keyboard, so I prepose that it require ammo to use, like the jumper "weapons" even though it can actually can do damage by landing on people unlike the jumper "weapons".
Ok, revised idea what if you had two charges and when you rebelled you could use them, but when you used them you would be required to get ammo to recharge them, the one room for change I see is when you get ammo would you mediately get 1 or 2 charges or would you have to wait to get any back at all but I think either way getting ammo should enable it to recharge. (kind of like what @VIBE GOD Sans and @lolnutt said)

I realize that initial suggestion was a little rough so I tried to play both sides this time, but I still think this is a problem.

VIBE GOD Sans

Ok, revised idea what if you had two charges and when you rebelled you could use them, but when you used them you would be required to get ammo to recharge them, the one room for change I see is when you get ammo would you mediately get 1 or 2 charges or would you have to wait to get any back at all but I think either way getting ammo should enable it to recharge. (kind of like what @VIBE GOD Sans and @lolnutt said)

I realize that initial suggestion was a little rough so I tried to play both sides this time, but I still think this is a problem.
maybe we could do it like a mix of both like having rebel status refills your jetpack charge (take like 1-2 minutes of rebel status to fill up 1 charge) and picking up ammo packs will fill it up like the Persian persuader

lolnutt

No i just like that hat shhh
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
maybe we could do it like a mix of both like having rebel status refills your jetpack charge (take like 1-2 minutes of rebel status to fill up 1 charge) and picking up ammo packs will fill it up like the Persian persuader
Rebel status dissappears after 30 seconds automatically. so you would have to rebel 2 to 4 times for one charge which would make it not worth it

VIBE GOD Sans

Rebel status dissappears after 30 seconds automatically. so you would have to rebel 2 to 4 times for one charge which would make it not worth it
I guess 1 rebel status then also quick mention the only time I would say make it ammo pack only is with overheal day since all reds constantly have rebel status

Status
Not open for further replies.