• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak Rule update: list of days/orders that lead to kill orders

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
The following is a list of days/orders when applied to minigames/orders is a kill order

Crouch Day in:
1. Box Game: The purpose of Box Game is to avoid the chests from above hitting the players below. Players must rush from square to square, and crouching while doing so will make it slower and a higher and unfair chance of death
2. Wipeout: Players cannot jump over the bar when crouching
3. Death Run: Certain traps involve jumping over the water
4. Obstacle Course: You cannot jump while crouching in The Obstacle Course
5. Minefield: The overall purpose of minefield is to jump over explosives, so crouch day will cause a kill order, especially if the warden order is to BOMBRUSH THROUGH minefield. Bombrushing by default implies no detouring or delaying in movement or direction.
6. Crush Game: The purpose is to go from square to square as fast as possible

No Jump Day in:
1. Wipeout: The purpose of Wipeout is to jump over the bar
2. Minefield: See earlier
3. Obstacle Course: See earlier

Collisions
1. Death Run: If the warden order implies to finish a certain trap by a certain time and to bombrush through, as well as making active progress, then numerous reds may collide with each other, causing unfair advantages and disadvantages at certain traps
2. Obstacle Course: The poles and stones in the lava at obby are small in terms of size, and the warden order of bombrushing through obstacle course implies no detouring or delaying. Having numerous reds jump from a pole to a pole in obby is a kill order when it's numerous reds having to make active progress and not delay.
3. Sweeper (more specifically one-podium sweeper): Numerous reds on a single podium and told to jump from podium to podium backwards will cause pushing and colliding.

LR Specified Day(s)

Size Randomizer:
Obstacle Course: Size randomizer causes some players to either grow or shrink in size. Players who grow in size may be unable to complete obby or go through the start.

(more to come soon)

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Crouch Day in:
1. Box Game
If you think you're going to do box game in a round maybe don't pick soldier or heavy and problem is solved.
2. Wipeout:
You can *midair* uncrouch and crouch again upon landing.
4. Obstacle Course:
I get the feeling you're the type of person who binds +duck to a key and cant see the alternative everyone else does, where you hold the uck key instead, you'd be surprised just how easy all these problems solve themselves.
5. Minefield: The overall purpose of minefield is to jump over explosives, so crouch day will cause a kill order, especially if the warden order is to BOMBRUSH THROUGH minefield. Bombrushing by default implies no detouring or delaying in movement or direction.
The point of minefield is to maneuver the course without dying, jumping is optional and usually restricted regardless of days. Bombrush is very much capable while crouchwalking and doesn't make it a kill order. Warden could make them do it backwards with crouch if they wanted.

Collisions
1. Death Run: If the warden order implies to finish a certain trap by a certain time and to bombrush through, as well as making active progress, then numerous reds may collide with each other, causing unfair advantages and disadvantages at certain traps
2. Obstacle Course: The poles and stones in the lava at obby are small in terms of size, and the warden order of bombrushing through obstacle course implies no detouring or delaying. Having numerous reds jump from a pole to a pole in obby is a kill order when it's numerous reds having to make active progress and not delay.
3. Sweeper (more specifically one-podium sweeper): Numerous reds on a single podium and told to jump from podium to podium backwards will cause pushing and colliding.
Bombrush implies no detours or delays, only when youre able to, meaning if you can't do the order you remain afk afm until you can. Also you know for a fact WLN doesn't allow one podium sweeper so you can tick that off.

Perhaps reconsider your thread.

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
If you think you're going to do box game in a round maybe don't pick soldier or heavy and problem is solved.

You can *midair* uncrouch and crouch again upon landing.

I get the feeling you're the type of person who binds +duck to a key and cant see the alternative everyone else does, where you hold the uck key instead, you'd be surprised just how easy all these problems solve themselves.

The point of minefield is to maneuver the course without dying, jumping is optional and usually restricted regardless of days. Bombrush is very much capable while crouchwalking and doesn't make it a kill order. Warden could make them do it backwards with crouch if they wanted.

Bombrush implies no detours or delays, only when youre able to, meaning if you can't do the order you remain afk afm until you can. Also you know for a fact WLN doesn't allow one podium sweeper so you can tick that off.

Perhaps reconsider your thread.
Actually, WLN does allow 1 podium sweeper. Check the rules.
Also, box game can be done at random by warden, so really that is a kill order. If it was LR, then maybe I would consider switching to anything other than a heavy or soldier, but if the warden decides for reds to do boxgame without reds knowing, thats a kill order.
Bombrushing through obby does mean making active progress through obby. AFK/AFM is not making active progress. I had told this to many wardens to decided it would be funny to enable CCs that it would be a kill order.
Also, I hold the duck key rather than binding. Crouch Day implies constant crouching, so jumping is a KOS when it's crouch day.

Lux

Celebrity
Feb 26, 2021
a land far, far away
My vote is going to be a -1. Most of these are either already basic common knowledge or somewhere in the rules.
Actually, WLN does allow 1 podium sweeper. Check the rules.
And as for this, yes wln.tf does allows 1 player podium sweeper but it is also stated in the rules that you are not allowed to turn on cc while doing so. You can always feel free to re-educate yourself by reading the rules.

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
My vote is going to be a -1. Most of these are either already basic common knowledge or somewhere in the rules.

And as for this, yes
wln.tf does allows 1 podium sweeper but it is also stated in the rules that you cannot turn on cc while doing so. You can always re-educate yourself by reading the rules.
Actually, most of what I said is not in the rules in terms of specifics. Just basic knowledge regarding kill orders.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
Crouch Day in:
1. Box Game: The purpose of Box Game is to avoid the chests from above hitting the players below. Players must rush from square to square, and crouching while doing so will make it slower and a higher and unfair chance of death

5. Minefield: The overall purpose of minefield is to jump over explosives, so crouch day will cause a kill order, especially if the warden order is to BOMBRUSH
6. Crush Game: The purpose is to go from square to square as fast as possible

All of these are possible so it wouldn’t constitute as kill orders imo. I have seen many people do them and I myself have done most of this based off of experience. Obviously this would apply to dynf since its our only active servers but you also have to consider other maps too from our rotational servers which have been getting slight popularity recently. So if these were implemented it would really only be applied to a couple of maps and not all of them which isn’t really good if you ask me.

Overall most of this is definitely possible on dynf just hard and requires some one step ahead thinking.

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
Reposted to include quotes & more text:

Leaving some stuff out because @MissMaye & @Smug Rebellion Already addressed some of the concerns.
2. Wipeout: Players cannot jump over the bar when crouching
To begin with, you crouch jump to do this minigame, if you rule out crouch-jumping within the order to play the minigame then that's just an invalid order & a kill order. So If you're referring to the latter example, that's never been allowed. However, if you're referring to the prior then that's just how you play the minigame.

No Jump Day in:
1. Wipeout: The purpose of Wipeout is to jump over the bar
2. Minefield: See earlier
3. Obstacle Course: See earlier
1. & 3. Are just invalid orders & kill orders, and are disallowed by default (prior answer). Regarding 2., Minefield w/out jumping isn't impossible, and jumping just makes the minigame easier not a necessity to do it.

Skill Issue

This normally isn't an issue, I don't see reds die to collisions as to how many times I just see them fall into the water to nothing. Collisions just make the minigame more difficult, i.e. not a kill order. (This as well applies to obby btw)

Obstacle Course: Size randomizer causes some players to either grow or shrink in size. Players who grow in size may be unable to complete obby or go through the start.
That's why certain minigames are disallowed with Size randomizer or kids day.

. Box Game: The purpose of Box Game is to avoid the chests from above hitting the players below. Players must rush from square to square, and crouching while doing so will make it slower and a higher and unfair chance of death
This one to be honest probably should be disallowed. It isn't a kill order as it's perfectly able to do. I just feel it provides a disadvantage to the class chosen which shouldn't be something that should be derived from an order.