Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2020
1) Ban profile link
STEAM_0:1:59760065

2) Why I have been banned
Aimbot

3) Why you should unban me
Firstly there is no demo/video evidence of me aimbotting or any sort of hacking. If I were to aimbot, my current (and only) profile would have a VAC ban history, in which I do not have because I do not possess any aim-assisting tools or hacks up to this date.

Secondly, the misconception of me aimbotting comes from inexperienced people, where I regularly practise on MGE servers against more experienced people. The skill difference between me and casual players are enough to accuse me of aimbotting, which has been present in various servers (and I have not been banned because of aimbot accusation). In simple terms, my skill and ability to play the game is higher than the average casual player (but not high enough for pro level).

Feb 6, 2020
I do not know who this account is. I do not have any association to any other accounts as this is my only account, and that I only have 3 friends on this only account. Just because a random f2p account has a vac ban history does not mean I was the one to originally possess that account. I am a legitimate player without the needs of hacks to play the game on a f2p account.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Hello. Sorry for the late reply.

Just because a random f2p account has a vac ban history does not mean I was the one to originally possess that account.
That account was connected to you by your used IP addresses, hence why you were questioned. This account, too, is connected to you this way, though I presume you also claim to not have any association with it.

What I am curious about though is this. I found it while I was investigating your case, and it raises red flags for me. If you were abusing cl_interp on one community, who isn't to say you were also exploiting/cheating here? I would like your response to this; being unresponsive will result in denial of your appeal.

Feb 6, 2020
I have been reported for cl_interp violation and then subsequently permanently banned on UGC, and that is because I had no initial idea what cl_interp means. With that ban, I had investigated what it meant and looked up how to fix it. I had appealed to UGC, and an admin had suggested me to use lerp at 51.2m/s to keep gameplay fair and to compensate server lag. In his simple words I was to use a reasonable cl_interp to not create an unfair advantage. I still use his interp suggestion to not make any other complaints. The appeal was rejected however due to another senior admin deeming cl_interp as cheating and is unappealable.

So l learnt my mistake after that appeal rejection to not tamper my cl_interp anymore and leave it as 51.2m/s.

I was playing on Wonderland servers without the prior knowledge of cl_interp for quite a bit (before the UGC ban). There was someone who called me out for cl_interp violation (don't remember who). I asked what it was and even when he gave his explanation of what it was i was still confused. So I left the server worried I would get banned and looked up good cl_interps rather than look up what it meant (bit stupid of me actually). So default is usually cl_interp 0.1. I looked up good ones and they recommended cl_interp 0 and ratio 2 for all players with bad connection.

So I continued to play on Wonderland servers with that cl_interp and ratio, and it appears on the surface that no one was calling me out for cheating unbeknownst to me. Then I got banned for aimbot rather than cl_interp, which I think the admin thought I was aimbotting because of my unfair advantage from my cl_interp.

I had supposedly fixed the real problem when the UGC ban appeal took place. I was now playing with lerp of 51.2m/s (suggested by UGC admin) and leaving it there. Ever since the ban appeal rejection, I have received no complaints of cl_interp violation or hacking from other servers outside of Wonderland and UGC.

I will admit, when I looked at some demo footage of my cl_interp violation back at UGC during my appeal, I could see in someone else's perspective that my aim is rather odd and that it hits no where near the targets/players. I can understand that is how most people see when I play on wonderland servers (other than AU server) and I can see myself as cheating in that regard. That is when I didnt know cl_interp did that, and I apologised to who had to deal with that.

So I've changed playing on low connection servers to servers that only give me good connection (25-80 ping) to not create anymore potential issues with my cl_interp, even though I believe to have solved that already. Yes, I can understand why I have been deemed cheating due to my cl_interp, but I have fixed that now, so I believe I should get a second (and only) chance. Besides that one person who accused me of cl_interp violation was in a server other than an AU server, so I should be only looking to play in AU servers since I'm from Australia, and not create anymore issues regarding my aim or cl_interp.

I hope this backstory of my cl_interp issue can help. I can understand if this appeal gets rejected like UGC.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Hello. Sorry for the late reply, but I have been deliberating whether to unban you or not.

So, I can't seem to find out why you were banned here, especially since the staff member who banned you has since left the team. However, judging by what happened on UGC, I'm going to assume you were banned due to exploiting cl_interp. As I do not regard exploiting that command as being on the same level as cheat software, I'm going to unban you. However, if you are caught doing this again, you will receive an irrevocable ban.

I'm also going to use this chance to warn you about your behavior in-game. While I was investigating your appeal, I took a look at your chat-logs, and saw quite disrespectful behavior.
zLIZUe9.png
We do not tolerate this either, and if you do not improve your attitude towards others, then you will receive punishment. If you haven't, I'd recommend going over our Rules & Info section.

With that all out of the way,

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.