Status
Not open for further replies.

bappo

Jun 10, 2018
Japan
Player name: slot#1719

Date of incident: 05-10-2020

Explain what happened:

To start this entire ordeal off, this occurred on the discord server at approximately 4 am. I was engaging in a conversation regarding trans people and various other thing under that subject with Serp and Plastic, with aldash chiming in randomly to give insight on certain points presented during the conversation.

I went to bed after the conversation was all but concluded and Iwas tired, to which i then woke up to numerous DMs saying that Ihad been isolated without me being present. After several minutes of trying to figure out why, Iwas given the explanation from someone, saying that it was for transphobia. This of course makes no sense at all seeing as Serp was present during the entire conversation and never said that i was being transphobic, and I even specified during an earlier message that my questions and statements were not meant to come off as transphobic if that were to occur by accident on my part.

I tried to talk to slot regarding the isolation to which I was ignored and the question/confrontation being completely avoided. There was no statement or reasoning given for the isolation, even after asking several admins and xypher himself, nobody seems to be aware of any reason as to why I was isolated.

This, to me, shows the complete and utter childish behaviour and disregard for context presented by slot as a moderator for wonderland. It also presents with an interesting case of bias towards me as a person, showing that regardless of if I did something wrong or not, evidence, proof or even the existance of my so called "wrongdoings" are not required to punish me, other than an aversion to who I am.

Inserted below is a screenshot taken from a discord server with multiple admins from wonderland being present in the server. snow being slot in this screenshot. Proving that slot avoids the subject in its entirety.

To quickly summarize the reason for this report, I was isolated on the discord server for no reason. No explanation was given upon questioning the legitimacy of the isolating, and slot continues to elude the subject.

Attachments

• 1601903197878.png
    1601903197878.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 35

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Given the circumstances, hearing what slot had to say, and general grey area #serious can be; we're not going forward with any sort of "punishment" for your iso. For one, in fairness, you tend to be abrasive when it comes to discussions like this. The screenshots of the conversation provided, although not terrible, do have parts were you were a bit insensitive. The subject matter discussed is obviously touchy and, given what side you take, it can come off as offensive.

With that said, it was the senior staff's opinion that you shouldn't of been isod, and it was removed. We want to be able to have serious discussions, and #serious should be open for opinions and those who will actually use it appropriately. To avoid further confusion on what is appropriate and not appropriate discussion, and how respectfully those take place, we're having staff ask senior staff (HA+, advisors if we're not available) whether or not the conversation being had is considered toxic or otherwise, before any action would take place (outside of obvious trolling, etc.)

We hope that this will help avoid situations like this in the future and should keep serious discussions healthier, approachable and appropriate. If you have any questions regarding this decision or anything else relevant, you may dm me.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.