• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined The Wonderland TF2 Classic Custom Weapons server; a Rogue's Gallery of weapons that can only be described as shitposts, alongside balanced ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2020
I'm going to make this nice and succinct: the bhop is unbelievably fun alongside numerous knockback weapons, and on the side a majority of the weapons are fun, but the terrible balance of the weapons in question compared to how fun they actually are to use and the combination of that with bhop on Spy and Heavy make the game almost unbearable when the enemy team stacks enough of the OP customs. Weapons like the Cerberus and Caber Toss drag down the fun of the game tremendously as they force everyone to use the most OP weapons available to their class and heavily, HEAVILY discourages any kind of experimentation as you will get your ass stomped otherwise.

There are weapons that are direct upgrades to stock. There are weapons which outclass every other slot option that it makes it so you really only have one choice at any given time. And then there's SPY. They put so little thought into the weapons spy has that he has two direct upgrades to stock in his arsenal, a set of almost-duplicate watches, and a set of literally-duplicate watches. The only choice that matters, of course, is the cloak that hugely increases his speed, granting him a get out of jail free card twice as a bad as pre-nerf Deadringer, as well as the ability to fly across the map at speeds no other class can with the level of consistency spy gets with it. This is all ignoring the huge number of performance issues introduced, such as the fact that the sheer amount of particles Cerberus produces is so high that if you get enough people together, you can lag the entire server to a horrid extent. On the now-heightened max playercount? I'm almost certain it will end up with the server hard-crashing at some point.

Look, I get that you- the manager of the server and hopefully the one reading this- just want to, capitalized and boldened, FUCK around and enjoy nonsense items, but when you have so many terrible options and a few so overpowered? I could almost swear it can't have been anything other than hard drugs you were doing while making your choices, it's that bad. The ONLY aspects that even allow the server to be fun is the fact that it's a bhop server and able to manage a relatively stable 64 player count. That's it. It has almost zero other redeemable qualities compared to the other custom weapon servers available. If it were able to stretch it's legs some more, then it would be an outstanding experience. In it's current state, however, the only genuinely enjoyable loadouts that let you take advantage of the bhop are either so broken the game becomes boring or way too easily locked down by a singular engineer with a spare minute of time on their hands.

Please? Even a modicum of effort when it comes to balancing the worst offenders could greatly change the weapons you'll be facing off against on a regular basis, and hopefully would finally breathe some actual life into what has become the wonderland equivalent of a shitpost, frequented by people who literally only use a singular loadout on a singular class for hours on end before finally just leaving out of nowhere in between maps. There's a huge amount of potential here, and it's being ignored due to abject laziness on the manager's part.

Thanks, and I hope for a constructive response, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.