Accepted To Catch a Catcher, Catching a Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2020
1.) Include your ban profile link:
Steam profile is linked with my forum account

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
A kid by the name of "guage" was playing on an idle server that I regular. Of course, being a kid on voice chat, he was joked at by some of the players online. "Jelly", a player who had been on the server at the time, was allegedly known by a friend of mine to have acted very... pedophilic, whenever kids had come onto the server. I would be more than happy to contact said friend in an attempt to get a more evident picture of his actions. Nevertheless, Jelly, in one of his many attempts to "defend" guage and gain his trust, had told him that they could go on another server. This is the server ip address that I had copy-pasted from my team chat, for more of the active participants of the server were on the Red team.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
In no way did I intend anyone to go to that server, I simply wanted everyone on the server to know that some guy off the internet is about to take a kid somewhere a little more... private. Whether or not Jelly's actions were all in good intention, and this turns out to be all a misunderstanding, it still seemed like too much of a risk to not bring it to the attention of the server. I understand if it is against the rules to post the ip of a server different than that of one belonging to Wonderland, but know that I have never done such a thing in my life. This has been the one and only time, and if posting the ip of a server and getting banned for it, means the safety hood of a child, then so very well be it. Though it does put a bad taste in my mouth, as it should anyone's, on the overall character of Wonderland's admins. Thank you for your time!

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
This has been the one and only time, and if posting the ip of a server and getting banned for it, means the safety hood of a child, then so very well be it. Though it does put a bad taste in my mouth, as it should anyone's, on the overall character of Wonderland's admins.
Pedophilia is of our (staff's) utmost concern and we have permanently banned many players for pedophilia and harassing minors. After I banned both you and Jelly for sharing IP's, I was contacted by someone (presumably the friend of yours) who notified me of Jelly being pedophiliac. However, upon inspection of Jelly's chat-logs, I found nothing that would be considered pedophilia. At very worst (not bad at all), he was telling people to stop bullying the kid and being toxic to him.

Nevertheless, I was there to see the context of your message, and I understand the concern you may have had at the time. In the future, if you encounter any behavior such as this, I encourage that you contact staff so we can permanently ban the player and also the appropriate authorities (e.g. FBI).

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.