Tried joining the Discord, said "User is Under Minimum Age"

nookcat

Oct 7, 2023
Hi, I've been trying to join the Discord server but for some reason it says that I am under the minimum age? I'm 15 myself and I've seen that the minimum age for being a mod is 15 (I don't want to apply, just using that as an example). Would be nice to get some help, thanks!16968123983561696812378715

_DocDelete_

Moderator ★
May 29, 2022
I have no idea
If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you will not be able to join an age-restricted server, although there's a way to solve this issue.
If you're on desktop, go to User Settings (it should stand next to your name). Go to Privacy and Safety, scroll down until you see the headline "Server Privacy Defaults" then you should see a "Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS" activate it. That should solve your problem, if not. Feel free to dm me on discord.

nookcat

Oct 7, 2023
If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you will not be able to join an age-restricted server, although there's a way to solve this issue.
If you're on desktop, go to User Settings (it should stand next to your name). Go to Privacy and Safety, scroll down until you see the headline "Server Privacy Defaults" then you should see a "Allow access to age-restricted servers on iOS" activate it. That should solve your problem, if not. Feel free to dm me on discord.
The option's greyed out, I think i'll just talk to you on Discord later.