Accepted Unban request

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance

Sep 24, 2018
Requesting a server unban.

1.) Include your ban profile link:
https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=+ STEAM_0:0:56603947+&Submit=Search

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I constantly run behind a VPN (Mullvad), which is almost definitely the reason I was banned, which is listed on the page as "Duplicate Account".
I've never played Wonderland on any other account, nor have I not only never been banned from Wonderland, I've never been banned from any server.
SourceSleuth bans by IP afaik. If you check the IP that it picked up as having been used by another account that is banned, and then do a whois on that IP, it'll show up as belonging to City Network Hosting AB, which runs the servers Mullvad uses for their VPN endpoints.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I think the ban was erroneous.

---

Is it advisable to not use a VPN when connecting to Wonderland servers, or is there a way to have my account added as an exception? My ISP quite often randomly decides to block traffic on the ports that many games use to connect, so a VPN is realistically one of the only ways I can reliably play.

Thank you!
Chance

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
While I wouldn't mind unbanning you, I don't want to have to constantly unban you after you connect on banned IPs. Therefore, please look into one of these three options for connecting to our servers, so we don't run into this issue again:
  • Using a static IP vpn which will conceal your traffic and give you a Unique IP.
  • Setting up your own VPN service on a VPS to similar effect.
  • Disabling your VPN.
Let me know what you plan to do, I slightly understand your situation and so am willing to seek a compromise.

chance

Sep 24, 2018
While I wouldn't mind unbanning you, I don't want to have to constantly unban you after you connect on banned IPs. Therefore, please look into one of these three options for connecting to our servers, so we don't run into this issue again:

Let me know what you plan to do, I slightly understand your situation and so am willing to seek a compromise.

Thank you!
Would it be possible to add me to the sourcesleuth_whitelist.cfg (https://github.com/ecca/SourceMod-P...urceSleuth/configs/sourcesleuth_whitelist.cfg) file? I have to use a VPN as my ISP frequently and randomly decides to block certain ports used by games for days at a time, so using a VPN is the only way I can reliably play. If not, no worries, I'll stop using a VPN.

Thank you!
Chance

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds
We discourage the usage of VPN's on our servers. You should refrain from using a VPN when playing or this might happen again, and each time it looks more and more suspicious.
We are planning to add an anti-proxy system onto the network sometime soon, and donors will be able to bypass the filter checks.

Unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.