What is your opinion on Spy?

Mr_Web

Sep 3, 2021
Spy is rightfully compared with sniper and for good reason. It's more that Spy needs more gameplay options as his current ones are too noticeable and Sniper needs to be nerfed.

The diamondback is way too OP and the ambassador needs a small buff.

Reactions: Kol.

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
My honest opinion would be that spy is a fairly underrated class. See , spy is one of the only classes able to 1 shot every classes in the game thanks to his melees ( if you don't count razorback snipers).The thing is , to reach that ability of backstabbing some people on a casual match , you'll need skills in stealth and some trickstab practice . In order to succeed , you're gonna have to train on some medieval/melee matches on community or in casual , but that being said , it's still not easy to do. So example ,where the spy has 1 goal , trickstab a demoknight charging at him , he will have to deal with the demoman's movement prediction and also if he's using one , his eyelander's melee range.So , the spy , is kinda fucked. But! spy is a fun class to play and teach to new players ( please , don't use cloack and dagger for a 30 min match) and still one of my favorite classes.

And to answer the question , i do not think spy necessarly needs a buff because all you need is good aim skills and stuff , like amby would be pretty ok , and talking about the other stuff like boost , i'm just saying that the big earner will do the work perfectly , just take down a heavy/sniper and boom , you're a 5 second sonic.

water tank

i love music
Admin ★
Oct 20, 2021
Romania
My honest opinion would be that spy is a fairly underrated class. See , spy is one of the only classes able to 1 shot every classes in the game thanks to his melees ( if you don't count razorback snipers).The thing is , to reach that ability of backstabbing some people on a casual match , you'll need skills in stealth and some trickstab practice . In order to succeed , you're gonna have to train on some medieval/melee matches on community or in casual , but that being said , it's still not easy to do. So example ,where the spy has 1 goal , trickstab a demoknight charging at him , he will have to deal with the demoman's movement prediction and also if he's using one , his eyelander's melee range.So , the spy , is kinda fucked. But! spy is a fun class to play and teach to new players ( please , don't use cloack and dagger for a 30 min match) and still one of my favorite classes.

And to answer the question , i do not think spy necessarly needs a buff because all you need is good aim skills and stuff , like amby would be pretty ok , and talking about the other stuff like boost , i'm just saying that the big earner will do the work perfectly , just take down a heavy/sniper and boom , you're a 5 second sonic.
Besides stealth and trickstab I would say you need some amount of luck aswell, at least for me hit register just hates me 70% trickstabs dont count and it's either just a stab or no damage at all and I hate that, I disagree with the big earner though, while yes the sonic speed is good enough first of all you lose 25 health which can make all the difference when you come to fight a Scout, Soldier or Demoman and second of all you lose the possibility to use any other knife, I really would want a speed boost on Spy also so that he can close gaps between enemies so he doesn't have to run 10 minutes after a medic only to die to some scout or something like that, oter than that Spy is really fun and nice class to learn honestly

Reactions: Kol.

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
Besides stealth and trickstab I would say you need some amount of luck aswell, at least for me hit register just hates me 70% trickstabs dont count and it's either just a stab or no damage at all and I hate that, I disagree with the big earner though, while yes the sonic speed is good enough first of all you lose 25 health which can make all the difference when you come to fight a Scout, Soldier or Demoman and second of all you lose the possibility to use any other knife, I really would want a speed boost on Spy also so that he can close gaps between enemies so he doesn't have to run 10 minutes after a medic only to die to some scout or something like that, oter than that Spy is really fun and nice class to learn honestly
Spy woul dbe a very much more powerful class in that case , but like you said , stabs are made out of luck , skill implies luck in certain situations as if you are fighting a clueless heavy that can not track you Ith his minigun like a god , you will only need to matador his butt and it’s easy win. Although, if qpy was slightly faster than he already is he would just be a concept of the fusion sniper-scout

water tank

i love music
Admin ★
Oct 20, 2021
Romania
Fixing tf2 hit boxes and hitreg would buff demoknight, the backburner, and spy
Not really honestly since the game should be working that way
Post automatically merged:

Spy woul dbe a very much more powerful class in that case , but like you said , stabs are made out of luck , skill implies luck in certain situations as if you are fighting a clueless heavy that can not track you Ith his minigun like a god , you will only need to matador his butt and it’s easy win. Although, if qpy was slightly faster than he already is he would just be a concept of the fusion sniper-scout
While yes, what you said is true but a simple matador, at least for me doesn't always work not even on clueless heavies for example, maybe it's just be having a bad day often but I'm certain I'm not the only one getting facestabs
that's mostly luck and well lag of course since that shouldn't be happening but can't be helped much
except cl_interp 5, I think that got banned, or at least the limit of interp has been changed

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
I used to play spy a lot because of my high ping. I would easily trick-stab players and since I used to play surf a lot, Spy was one of the best classes to pick. You could easily go behind an enemy, reach an enemy spawn or shoot people in the head behind a see-through wall with the amby. The only downside of a higher latency was that every shot or stab had to be accurately predicted and timed correctly.
Stabbing while in air or on a ramp is also cool.

tbh, the amby and the dead ringer need a buff

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
ngl the backstab for spy should be nerfed and the reason why i want it to be nerfed is bc of trickstabbers a good way to nerf this problem is prob make the backstab hitbox thinner so he cannot backstab someone SIDEWAYS

also maybe buff the revolvers?

water tank

i love music
Admin ★
Oct 20, 2021
Romania
I used to play spy a lot because of my high ping. I would easily trick-stab players and since I used to play surf a lot, Spy was one of the best classes to pick. You could easily go behind an enemy, reach an enemy spawn or shoot people in the head behind a see-through wall with the amby. The only downside of a higher latency was that every shot or stab had to be accurately predicted and timed correctly.
Stabbing while in air or on a ramp is also cool.

tbh, the amby and the dead ringer need a buff
For me a high ping is just a downside since it's annoying as fuck
tbh though I agree the amby does need a buff but the dead ringer...even I as a spy main hate that thing

water tank

i love music
Admin ★
Oct 20, 2021
Romania
ngl the backstab for spy should be nerfed and the reason why i want it to be nerfed is bc of trickstabbers a good way to nerf this problem is prob make the backstab hitbox thinner so he cannot backstab someone SIDEWAYS

also maybe buff the revolvers?
I would say all revolvers are alright where they are at right now except of course amby and diamondback
Diamondback needs a huge nerf if people would use it a lot more then it would be ten times more annoying

well u see here bc high ping IS annoying af especially when u arent playing spy
for me it's annoying either way or at least the fact that I'm teleporting every 5 seconds is

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
For me a high ping is just a downside since it's annoying as fuck
tbh though I agree the amby does need a buff but the dead ringer...even I as a spy main hate that thing
High ping is indeed very annoying. The only reason I had high ping on most of the servers (over 200) was because of my location. But with time and tons of practice, I was able to master it.