• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

x1000 Servers - Nerf Several Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
So this might just be a quality of life suggestion for the staff team, but I propose a nerf on several weapons in the x1000 gamemode, as some are either downright frustrating to play against, or lead to false hacking calls which are a waste of time for the staff team.

The weapons in subject are:

Scorch Shot
This weapon's splash-damage range is extended ten-fold, and therefor anybody who even sees the flare go off gets ignited. This weapon has been proposed for several reasons:
  • It's annoying to play against and has little counters
    • The only notable counter is Concheror for passive healing, Mad Mlk & Jarate for extinguishing, and using the Pyro class with any flamethrower able to airblast your teammates
  • Players using the Scorch Shot are notorious for being called hackers, which wastes our valuable time in the staff team
    • I am tired of having to explain to reporters the x1000 values of the Scorch Shot, which always leads to more claims that the Scorch Shot player is cheating
I propose the Scorch Shot's range be reduced at least by half to allow the Scorch Shot to be less ridiculous in range, this will in turn minimise the amount of cheating calls that we staff receive for any player using this weapon.

Dalokohs Bar
This weapon, similarly to the Scorch Shot, is either annoying to play against, or leads to false hacking calls. This weapon has been proposed for several reasons:
  • It is notoriously powerful when coupled with the Gloves of Running Urgently
    • The Dalokohs Bar is able to stack the Heavy's health to a total of 3000 HP, which when combined with the Gloves of Running Urgently, allows the Heavy to be as fast as a Scout, this leads to very little counters that work against this combination, and has sadly become the meta in x1000 servers
  • Players stacking the Dalokohs Bar health are called for cheating, similarly to the Scorch Shot
    • Like the Scorch Shot, playes with 3000 HP thanks to the stacking attributes of the Dalokohs Bar call admins on very frequently, and is once again a chore to explain
I propose the Dalokohs Bar get nerfed to allow a maximum of 1500 HP which is more reasonable and in-line with the balance of the x1000 gamemode. This will allow players to still find the Dalokohs Bar a viable meta, whilst also minimising the amount of cheating calls we staff receive for this weapon.

You might be thinking "Sowon, x1000 is meant to be a completely shitfest!" but as a frequent x1000 players, I only ever see players complaining about this weapon, and the players using it are always only sitting in spawn. With a nerf in place for the Scorch Shot, the x1000 gamemode would be more diverse, and players would not have to be so afraid to exit spawn only to get ignited immediately without ever seeing a flare.
Additionally, this would also highly minimise false hacking calls from players who do not understand the x1000 Scorch Shot statistics.
The same can be said for the Dalokohs Bar, while not as annoying to play against - high-damage hitscan can easily power Heavies down - it still leads to a lot of false cheating calls.

Please consider what I have wrote and consider the benefits of not only the players who have been involved in the weapons above, but also the staff team who have to deal with reports regarding the above weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.