• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Jailbreak A Potential Way to Solve Pokemon Day's Major Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
Pokemon day has two major issues:

- It takes way too long
- Once too many BLUs die, a mass rebellion is almost guaranteed

So I'd like to propose a solution to this that doesn't rely on outright removing it: If Pokemon day is chosen, make it so it starts with cell wars. This basically stops the chance of a mass rebellion, while also making the round go by significantly faster. As for the trainer, they could possibly be temporarily frozen until cell doors open, but not able to be attacked (i.e. a form of what Hide and Seek does). The trainer should be able to choose who they want to be the trainer in a way similar to how "Freeday for others" is chosen.

Thoughts?

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
better idea: ban it
no
Post automatically merged:

Pokemon day has two major issues:

- It takes way too long
- Once too many BLUs die, a mass rebellion is almost guaranteed

So I'd like to propose a solution to this that doesn't rely on outright removing it: If Pokemon day is chosen, make it so it starts with cell wars. This basically stops the chance of a mass rebellion, while also making the round go by significantly faster. As for the trainer, they could possibly be temporarily frozen until cell doors open, but not able to be attacked (i.e. a form of what Hide and Seek does). The trainer should be able to choose who they want to be the trainer in a way similar to how "Freeday for others" is chosen.

Thoughts?
maybe make it 2v2?

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
better idea: ban it
Pokemon day getting banned is very unlikely, I'd think this would server as a decent compromise between the two.

maybe make it 2v2?
That doesn't solve the latter issue, REDs are still just as likely to mass rebel since a death for BLU team is a much bigger problem than a death for RED team.

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
That doesn't solve the latter issue, REDs are still just as likely to mass rebel since a death for BLU team is a much bigger problem than a death for RED team.
well tbh i solo'd the whole red team as warden

well tbh i solo'd the whole red team as warden
AND rebellers

so basically the other problem depends on skill

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
Tbh it sounds kinda unfair for those who died because they'll have to wait until the round is over and they didn't even have a chance to actually play Pokemon day, if there's another solution for this problem that doesn't use mass genocide I would choose that instead. -1
How is it any less fair than sitting on a box all day? This way you're getting to actually play faster instead of *maybe* being chosen and instead just being afk for 12 minutes.

D

Deleted member 15029

-1, just get rid of the day itself if it’s that much of a problem. i don’t particularly like pokémon day, but re-inventing the day is redundant and will frustrate and confuse long-term players that like the day and new players that recognize the day and expect it to work the same as it does on other communities. the average red is still getting gameplay out of pokémon day through watching their teammates fight, as well as possibly rebelling. it’s not a necessary change, and the arguing point of the reds being afk for 12 minutes is invalid as through cell wars it’d force them to be out of the game for 12 minutes.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
-1, just get rid of the day itself if it’s that much of a problem. i don’t particularly like pokémon day, but re-inventing the day is redundant and will frustrate and confuse long-term players that like the day and new players that recognize the day and expect it to work the same as it does on other communities. the average red is still getting gameplay out of pokémon day through watching their teammates fight, as well as possibly rebelling. it’s not a necessary change, and the arguing point of the reds being afk for 12 minutes is invalid as through cell wars it’d force them to be out of the game for 12 minutes.
Consider the fact that the rounds would also be going significantly faster because of it, meaning there is less time to sit out. If you can't even win cell wars, you're unlikely to actually be doing anything during the day.

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
no removing the day will make a lot of people mad. just because u think its boring. doesnt mean everyone thinks it boring. also about the problem thing. yea its long but u can always play some music on your phone or watch a video. also the reds rebelling thing isnt really a problem. if the blu is skilled. and EVEN if he isnt skilled it would end the round faster. so no it isnt that much of a problem and no. we still shouldn't get rid of the day. like holy crap youtube exists just play it in the background

Reactions: Fiz
Status
Not open for further replies.