Have you ever been scammed?

Where you scammed when you started trading? Or have you ever been scammed without knowing it at the time? I know I have and it was so bad >_<

ParaFlaX

i don't take drugs i just take naps.
★ VIP ★
many tries, but bad ones.

ParaFlaX

i don't take drugs i just take naps.
★ VIP ★
yeah

loofy

Member ★
i was once scammed by my ex.

Poot this thing here

Hello sirs
★ VIP ★
got fucked twice. something that you would expect from a shit head like me

got fucked twice. something that you would expect from a shit head like me
You're not a "shit head". We fall for these things sometimes, these peopel are very smart sometimes. They practice is on a daily basis, remember that

Roach

★ VIP ★
I find the process of scamming to be hilarious, since purchasing unusuals I've received countless FR's from people who are "associated" with a "gambling site" or that "need my help" to withdraw something expensive (usually a golden frying pan) from a trading site.

Tizzly

a idiot sandwich
★ VIP ★
Got my Professional Killstreak AWPer Hand and the Bills Hat ripped off by a fake bot scam in July 23th 2018.

deathtoscammer - Copy.png

God scammed me, I was told I would be given life for 60-80 years. I accepted. Little did I know that "life" is shit and God is a meanie.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
8 times total

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Thats an ouchie, but now you know of the scams right? You learned! :D
1. First was a Haunted Crones Dome, 6 years back. A guy i was playing with and chatting with on Skype, who i thought was a real friend, ended up saying some bullshit that we would get 6 keys if i just gave it, so he could sell it quickly. He removed me and blocked me. Now he have been offline for 1000+ days and vac banned. It broke me. broke me real hard.

2. I was just plainly surfing on a map, and some guy said if i gave him 10 hats/cosmetics he had a program that could give me an unusual. Naive 12 year old me thought he was legit, because a) He was danish, so i could speak to and with him, and b) 'cause i was well, young & naive, and loved profit back then. (look at me now. Giving away items away for free just to make people happy lmao) I live traded with him for 6 or 8 cosmetics and 2 or 4 0.33+ weapons (wanga prick back then was that price). He stole it and ran away. I lowkey expected it this time and was ofc upset, but not so much as the first.

3. COUNTER STRIKE. Fell for a "grade" scam, where a person is showing they are selling a Factory New item and then in all honesty got the item in any other condition than what they advertise. Since i was hungry for profit i quickly traded for it, without thinking twice (again before mobile confirmation and all that jazz) so i lost 6 bucks and got mad af.

4. Again counter-strike. I was into gambling, and didn't know how to look apart real and fake sites. Put in like a 12 euro item and never received the so-called "coins" or currency the website was using. Confuzzled as i was i waited some days, wrote a support ticket and eventually gave up. yeet

5. Same story as above, just again.

6. "Click this link to trade all your cases up to a knife". Clicked it whilst i had nothing valuable in my inventory and everything was cleaned.

7. Rust scam, i don't remember what happened, and in all honesty i didn't care.

8. Fake spy crab shenanigans on a fake and forged server that made it look like a well known community server. We had a middleman with an admin tag in-game, (didn't care to verify for a single key raffle lmao) send it over, server closed down. Not a word from either of them. yeet

Thats so rough, sorry to hear that. Now you have learned all that can be offered to scams and you're smarter for it. Like you said, you even give items away to make people happy! You're a good and better person for it! <3

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
It shaped me to the person who i am. I'm perfectly fine they happened when i was so young, so i wont fall for it now, that i am old enough to have my own money and such

Tizzly

a idiot sandwich
★ VIP ★
How did you fall for that?
Because I was not updated with the ways to avoid scams and did not expect a scammer to ever add me on Steam and ask for my shit.

jGag

Member ★
Scammed from mannco.trade