• We are giving away VIP+ and a bunch of games! Check out the Giveaways section.

Have you ever been scammed?

loofy

Member ★
Thats an ouchie, but now you know of the scams right? You learned! :D
well she asked for some items and i gave her to 3-4 keys and she told me she would give me back, next day she broke up with me. E M O T I O N A L C R I T !

well she asked for some items and i gave her to 3-4 keys and she told me she would give me back, next day she broke up with me. E M O T I O N A L C R I T !
BIG FREAKING OOOOOF. I'm really sorry about that, thats so poop

Chronos

Not actually an active member ★
★ VIP ★
Yes. Reading the chat again made me notice how incredibly stupid I was.. This was actually the only time I didn't check the steamrep profile when trading.
The guy got banned, fortunately. But I didn't get the item back. I for some reason decided to sell every item I had after this and stop playing TF2, but I came back eventually. having absolutely no items (including weapons btw.) is frustrating though, i don't recommend it..

Yes. Reading the chat again made me notice how incredibly stupid I was.. This was actually the only time I didn't check the steamrep profile when trading.
The guy got banned, fortunately. But I didn't get the item back. I for some reason decided to sell every item I had after this and stop playing TF2, but I came back eventually. having absolutely no items (including weapons btw.) is frustrating though, i don't recommend it..
Fuuuuny thing is I did the SAME thing hahaha, I have nothing lol

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ VIP ★
Fuuuuny thing is I did the SAME thing hahaha, I have nothing lol
Quotes for notifications

If both of you make a list of the weapons both of you are missing, (regular ones, not strange/killstreak ones) and pm the list, i'll give you both whatever you need

Quotes for notifications

If both of you make a list of the weapons both of you are missing, (regular ones, not strange/killstreak ones) and pm the list, i'll give you both whatever you need
Will do when I get time, thanks man! <3

Arzi

★ VIP ★
Yes, but mainly in RuneScape.
Lost millions of GP and my innocence. :sad_blob:

Poot this thing here

Hello sirs
★ VIP ★
Got my Professional Killstreak AWPer Hand and the Bills Hat ripped off by a fake bot scam in July 23th 2018.

View attachment 1327
thats the type of trade that is used commonly these days. dont use opskins. also, bots dont exist on steam. only trust scrap.tf

Walnuts

Head NutCracker Supervisor ★Very Important Nut★
Admin ★
No, but somebody tried to scam me.
I was younger at the time I just got my first unusual. It was a "unusual backbiter's billycock" with the effect Stormy Storm. At the time it was worth 12 key, I bought it for 16. Not only that but when i tried to sell it someone added me to do the friend scam. (I did not fall for it). only to sell it to another person for 10 keys.

Eight

★ VIP ★
I can't recall ever being scammed, worst I've probably been is sharked when I was a newbie to TF2 (just an inference though, not 100% sure). That isn't to say I'm not on the watch, I've had to block a lot of fishy accounts this past year, and I've seen various people lose their accounts. Just always be sure the website you're entering your log-in into is safe.

I got scammed out of my csgo knife :(

vex

Member ★
yeah, lost my MW ST aquamarine revenge. weird thing was after the guy scammed me he added me back and said "Yo you're chill wanna scam people with me?"

Pff. No its why I don't trade. lol

yeah, lost my MW ST aquamarine revenge. weird thing was after the guy scammed me he added me back and said "Yo you're chill wanna scam people with me?"
Hopefully you said no! :D

Phished back in 2012 lost a $450 inventory that I never got back

Made me realize what is and isn't a scam in this day and age

Phished back in 2012 lost a $450 inventory that I never got back

Made me realize what is and isn't a scam in this day and age
Very sorry to hear that. :( I hope things turned out for the best though! <3

StarOfSouls

it's not fair
★ VIP ★
Did a duel for my unusual, lost, and when trading it, somehow it got phished and was lost even though I did a direct trade. Also, I have a lot of random people add me for trades and try to scam me or whatever.

demon

K X N G
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
got phished in dota 2 for $150 worth of immortals and arcanas :(