Jailbreak is Basically Battle Front 2 but Worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing on one of the Jailbreak servers and I joined blue after I died. When round started, I was about halfway up the blue scoreboard, yet I died after countdown yet no one else did. I asked why this happened, and someone said Admins and "Donaters" get priority over the blue side. Hey, dear higher-ups, Donations don't have perks actually related to the gameplay. If I donate to a game and get a silly hat, that's fine. But if I don't get the full game advertised because I don't give you a virtual key, that's pretty retarded. At least in cheep garbage like BF2 I could spend my time slowly getting characters, but here I can't. Either rename "Donater" to something else or stop the priority for blue team.

=WL= DeadlyJustice

Honorary Member ★
Aug 3, 2017
United Kingdom
Donators are people who have donated to the Wonderland community to support it. They are rightfully named Donators as they spend either a good sum of keys or real money so they deserve the flashy title, it’s also fair that they get perks given to them by us for doing this like priority. On top of this Staff need priority on blu team to deal with issues that can occur so it’s part of the job.

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
This makes no sense.
For a start your position on the scoreboard has nothing to do with whether you will be on blue or balanced, it's random unless the user is a VIP+/Admin, in which case we can verify they are good blues and therefore they are given priority over unknown players such as yourself. The number of VIP+ and Admins are low, rarely are more than 2 online in a jailbreak server so it's quite easy to get on blue if the odds favour you.
Long term players who we know well make better wardens and blues, that doesn't mean no one but them can play but they will get priority.

You didn't pay for our TF2 JB server, we did. We decide what we allow and disallow, so no it's not like Battlefront.
Here you can spend your time playing red as well, I'm assuming you pressed a keybind because autobalance does not kill you.

Donators are people who have donated to the Wonderland community to support it. They are rightfully named Donators as they spend either a good sum of keys or real money so they deserve the flashy title, it’s also fair that they get perks given to them by us for doing this like priority. On top of this Staff need priority on blu team to deal with issues that can occur so it’s part of the job.

I understand how admins deserve the priority, but Donations should come out of the goodness of the spender's heart, not to get advantages. If I buy a loot box in a game, yet I don't care what I get and just want to "support the creators", I still have spent money on an item making it a regular purchase, not a donation. You don't get anything back from community service, thats why its not called work.

=WL= DeadlyJustice

Honorary Member ★
Aug 3, 2017
United Kingdom
I understand how admins deserve the priority, but Donations should come out of the goodness of the spender's heart, not to get advantages. If I buy a loot box in a game, yet I don't care what I get and just want to "support the creators", I still have spent money on an item making it a regular purchase, not a donation. You don't get anything back from community service, thats why its not called work.
Technically we do get something back from the donators donating, helps pay for servers so without them there’s isn’t as much to enjoy.

This makes no sense.
For a start your position on the scoreboard has nothing to do with whether you will be on blue or balanced, it's random unless the user is a VIP+/Admin, in which case we can verify they are good blues and therefore they are given priority over unknown players such as yourself. The number of VIP+ and Admins are low, rarely are more than 2 online in a jailbreak server so it's quite easy to get on blue if the odds favour you.
Long term players who we know well make better wardens and blues, that doesn't mean no one but them can play but they will get priority.

You didn't pay for our TF2 JB server, we did. We decide what we allow and disallow, so no it's not like Battlefront.
Here you can spend your time playing red as well, I'm assuming you pressed a keybind because autobalance does not kill you.

Well, I don't understand how that isn't the case. If you code that blue should have x amount of player compared to y, then tf2s source engine should automatically cancel out the lesser players
to the other side. I don't why you guys changed it, but it seems ridicules why you would change it. And the spender to nonspender bias is still there. And yes, its not like BF2, its worse

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
Okay lets start here, we have coded it so the admin and VIP+ get priority, any other player is treated randomly.
This is not only an award and incentive for keeping the server you are playing on for free online but a sensible measure to ensure that JB is moderated well without admins online and that we can garuntee good blues on the team preventing the server from being a mass freekilling land. It's nothing to do with the scoreboard.
If you get balanced then you are sent to red team to play as a prisoner not die.

They are paying for the server you are playing on, we will give awards if we deem fit. Especially when it helps make the server a better place. (Reducing freekill).
This is in no way comparable to the huge ingame advantages afforded to those who pay in BF2, you aren't even paying for our servers.

Okay lets start here, we have coded it so the admin and VIP+ get priority, any other player is treated randomly.
This is not only an award and incentive for keeping the server you are playing on for free online but a sensible measure to ensure that JB is moderated well without admins online and that we can garuntee good blues on the team preventing the server from being a mass freekilling land. It's nothing to do with the scoreboard.
If you get balanced then you are sent to red team to play as a prisoner not die.

They are paying for the server you are playing on, we will give awards if we deem fit. Especially when it helps make the server a better place. (Reducing freekill).
This is in no way comparable to the huge ingame advantages afforded to those who pay in BF2, you aren't even paying for our servers.

If Donations are your main source of income to keep the server, then remove your ads.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
If Donations are your main source of income to keep the server, then remove your ads.
They aren't, where are you getting that from in his post?

Your product is TF2 Jailbreak, you have ads on your server. If you want ads, then remove "Donation" perks.
I don't see why we should have to choose one of the two, many TF2 communities run ads to fund for the servers and have donation ranks available for users who like the community enough to give us money in exchange for certain rewards. There's no issue with this system I am seeing here?

Comparing us to Battlefront 2 just because you got autobalanced is hyperbole.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
If you don't enforce ads, then get rid of all ads in general. I'm fine with you guys admitting to being pay to play and having it into a rulebook/ general info.
No, we need ads to fund for the servers, that's just how it works I don't see why it's an issue we run them if they aren't even enforced as he said.

We aren't pay to play, playing on our servers is free and you are also free to be on the Guards team however we give donators priority over normal users as they're helping us out and on average they know how to play the game better which can help guarantee a better experience in Jailbreak.

They aren't, where are you getting that from in his post?

I don't see why we should have to choose one of the two, many TF2 communities run ads to fund for the servers and have donation ranks available for users who like the community enough to give us money in exchange for certain rewards. There's no issue with this system I am seeing here?

Comparing us to Battlefront 2 just because you got autobalanced is hyperbole.

Having perks is fine, yet having an advantage and more access to the core gameplay is where I have a problem, especially when you say that people who pay for these advantages are "donaters"

Status
Not open for further replies.